Sunday 29 June 2014

A Pink Themed June Favourites!

Another month comes to an end and this June I have been settling back into life in the North of England for summer and we have had a good couple weeks of sunshine so I updated my make up routine and wardrobe with some summer picks. I decided to try out some more lightweight make up for June as the air is warmer and I hate my skin feeling clogged up with heavy make up. I like to change up my make up for more skincare products in summer to clear my skin and let the sun give me some much needed Vitamin D so that will definitely be happening in July.


I can't bare using foundation in the warmer months so I picked up the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser Oil Free from Space NK I decided on oil-free as I naturally have an oily T-Zone so adding more oil based products would cause breakouts. I have been using this for about two weeks now but I just had to put it into my June faves as I love it so much it has made a drastic improvement to my make up routine. The moisturiser has a dewy effect which I prefer but you could tone it down with powder, it has SPF 20 which is great for summer and it's so lightweight on my skin it doesn't even feel as though I have anything on but still gives a good coverage.





I went for the shade 'Porcelain' as I'm really fair-skined but they have lots of shades and when blended it completely blends into your skin I use the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to apply.





I decided to try a brightening concealer as I have been loving bringing lots of light to my face this month instead of contouring to make my skin look more youthful so when I was in Boots I picked up this Loreal Lumi Magique Concealer. This is known as the drugstore dupe for the YSL Touche Eclat there isn't lots of coverage so I use some of my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer to hide my dark circles. This is a really lightweight concealer and is really brightening also the packaging is gorgeous I think it looks quite expensive for a drugstore buy!







For peachy cheeks I've been enjoying using Natural Collection 'Peach Melba' Blush which is a similar colour to MAC's 'Melba' Blush I find it gives a natural pink/peach glow to the cheeks although the formula is quite talc-textured for £1.99 you can't really complain. I find that this blush works best for light-medium skin tones.



I've mainly been using lip balm this month but when I wanted a touch of colour on my lips I always had my Revlon Lip Butter in 'Peach Parfait' in my bag, it provides a lovely shimmer rosy pink with a moisturising formula that lasts for hours. 



I love the Revlon Parfumerie Nail Polishes and this past month I've mainly just had 'Lavender Soap' on even my mum put it on her toes! It is a beautiful pearlised lilac colour that does slightly smell of lavender soap when dried on nails, these polishes last for ages and a bonus is that they are scented with cute packaging!





I've definitely went for the pinks this month I just wanted to go for a simple feminine look that was easy to apply so my go-to-kit has been Benefit's 'Feelin' Dandy' beauty box which features their Posie Tint, High Beam, Dandelion blush and gloss.



High Beam is my favourite highlighter of all-time I've been using it for 4 years and I can't find any one that I like better, the pink compliments my skin tone it lasts for ages and really adds a glow to your features that looks amazing when the light hits. I always apply it in three swipes on the top of my cheekbones, cupid's bow, down the bridge of my nose, under and above my brow bone then blend quickly with my ring finger. This is one of those products that you'll notice a difference when you have on but other's think that you're just blessed with bright skin and excellent lighting. 





I've also loved the Dandelion blush to add a natural pink glow to my cheeks this blush is another one of my favourites from Benefit I've used it for so long and is the perfect blush for fair skin.





My fashion favourite this month has been my white crochet kimono that I got from New Look this was the last one so I just got a size bigger because I knew that I would want to wear it constantly and I was right! I've been just wearing different combination of all-white outfits this past month as that what most of my wardrobe for summer consists of and this kimono just goes so well and especially when you need to take a light cover up for chilly days and nights. 

I love the delicate crochet on the sleeve hems and down the front and the material is so light and flows really softly on the body normally I don't see anything in New Look but this is such a good quality that could be easily sold in Topshop for double the price it's so perfect for summer!



I have been absolutely in love with my Birks this month they are so comfy and as I said before with just wearing white outfits they complete the look I recommend getting a size smaller as they are quite big fitting even my dad got some 'Milano' birks in brown (trendy dad).

The two albums I've been listening to non-stop are Lana Del Rey's 'Ultraviolence' my favourite song is 'Money Power Glory' the whole album is great easy listening I just love Lana's voice.


I've also been listening to Ed Sheeran's new album 'X' I love so many songs on this album it's hard to pick one but 'Don't', 'Photograph' and 'The Man' are some of my favourites this album is amazing and I'm so excited to see him at T in the Park!



That's all for June favourites let me know your favourites of the month by Twitter @stephgreenwoodx and follow me on Instagram @stephgreenwoodx


No comments:

Post a Comment