Thursday 5 June 2014

Emma Watson Graduation Make Up Tutorial


I absolutely adore Emma Watson she is one of my idols ever since watching her in Harry Potter it's been a pleasure seeing her turn into a beautiful young woman with a sophisticated sense of style and levelheaded morals. When I saw her Graduation selfie I knew I wanted to recreate this make up look but as this would be a really quick tutorial of strong brows and red lips I decided to use some of the make up look from the image below.


For those of you wanting a more toned down version of this just skip the eyeshadow and liner, don't worry if you don't have all the products I'm using just use something in your make up collection that's similar. 



First I removed all make up from my skin and moisturised my face then applied this Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Primer with my fingers all around my face this will help the make up last longer and provide a good base for foundation. 



Next I applied some YSL Le Tient Touche Eclat Foundation with a Expert Face Brush from Reach Techniques.



I applied this by starting from the centre of my face working in blending circles outwards blending down the neck too.



Next conceal any blemishes and around the nose with a concealer I'm using the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer leave out under the eyes as we'll do them when the eye make  up is finished.



Blend in using your previous foundation brush or a new one if you prefer.





Next prime the eyes I'm using Nars Eyeshadow Primer I dab this lightly on my eyelids then blend in with my finger this is going to make the eyeshadow last longer (if you're not doing eyeshadow skip this part).



In the image of Emma Watson her brows are full and slightly darker than her hair so I'm going to fill them in with Benefit's Brow Zings in shade 'Light' only the wax part though - use a sharp angled brush like the one in the image above to fill in your brows. 



I looked at the image of Emma at the top of this post and traced my brows in to a similar shape to hers then filled them in. 







To set my brows use a brow gel I'm using Benefits Gimme Brow and just comb this through your brows to hold the hairs in place.



Emma has bright eyes so to open the eyes up I'm going to use the creamy/white colour called 'Polyester Bride' from the Urban Decay 'Ammo' palette with a small eyeshadow brush.





Just brush this across your eyelid but not past the crease and add extra shadow to the inner corners of your eyes this will really open them up.



Now I'm going to use a copper brown colour called 'Sin' from the 'Ammo' palette use a blending shadow brush and blend this in the corners of your eyes and in the crease.







Using the same shadow brush I'm going to use a warm brown called 'Smog' from the 'Ammo' palette and blend this also into your crease and outer corner, this will warm the eyes up more.





To deepen the eyes use the same brush as before and use a warm copper colour I'm using 'Chopper' from the 'Ammo' palette and blend this just above your crease towards the outer corners of the eyes.





To highlight the eyes use the same cream/white colour you did on the base and inner corners but apply a small amount just under the brows on the brow bone this will look beautiful when the light catches your face. 





Now to eyeliner the scary part! I'm using the Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black just gel liner last longer than liquid I'm using the Real Techniques Silicone Liner Tool to apply this.



We're going to create a cat eye for this look so I always start off by lining the inner eyes this wants to remain close to the last line. Now build up a thicker line as you get towards the edge of the eye then create a soft flick take your time on this part as it can take a while to get right. Trying to get the flicks equal on either side is the tricky part but I'm sure you can do it!



I also applied some liner on the inner waterline of the eyes just to where the bottom lashes start this will line the eyes more and give a more dramatic cat eye.



Curl the lashes with an eyelash curler it looks scary but don't worry it isn't once you get used to it this will make your lashes hold a curl better.





For mascara I'm using Kate Moss for Rimmel's mascara in Jet Black, Emma has long, thick lashes so give generous amounts of mascara coating to your lashes and build on them with flicks and don't forget your bottom lashes!





To brighten the eyes use a highlighting eye pencil on the waterline of the bottom lashes I'm using Benefits Eye Bright.





To open the eyes up more apply some more of the white/cream eyeshadow you have been previously using on the centre base of the eyelids but careful not to get any on your eyeliner and add some to the inner corners.





Conceal the under eyes using your concealer and blend it using your ring finger or brush.





Now to set the make up using a setting powder I'm using MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish Natural this will give the make up a more polished finish and make it last longer.



Use a pink blush for the cheeks I'm using Sleeks 'Rose Gold' which has gorgeous gold flecks in it.



Apply with a blush brush on the apples of your cheeks then blend outwards from the face this will make the face look more youthful.



Now highlight using a soft pink highlighter mine is MAC's Forever Marilyn (limited edition sorry!). Highlight down your nose, under eyes, chin and centre forehead this will brighten the face.



For lips Emma has a bright red so I found Max Factors Colour Effect Lipstick but anything similar to the image of Emma will be perfect. 



Now I'm going to reshape my lips to look more like Emma's but if this is for yourself you needn't bother with this step just follow your natural lip shape. Looking at the image of Emma I dropped the top lips slightly then filled them in.



For the bottom lip I curved the outer lips up then filled them in.





As you could still see my original lip line I concealed it using my heavy duty Benefit Erase Paste concealer which covers everything then applied this with a small flat concealer brush  where my original lips where still visible. 



I then applied some powder on top of the concealer to hold it.



When I looked back at the image of Emma I found my lipstick was too orange so I decided to use MAC's Ruby Woo as it's a darker red and applied this with a lip brush around the lips except for the centre as I wanted them to remain lighter.









The finished look! 
I hope you have found this helpful and if there's anyone else you would like me to do tweet me @stephgreenwoodx and if you recreate this look tag me @stephgreenwoodx 
I love how polished this look is perfect for Graduation, important dinner, work etc.thanks to Emma Watson for inspiring me to do this look!

No comments:

Post a Comment