Wednesday 10 September 2014

Room Tour 2014

I have just moved into the new house as I'm starting my second year at university and lived in halls for the first year (which was an experience and a half) now after lots of planning and organisation my new home has finally come together. I'm living with five other students from the uni and the past few days we've been getting used to our new house, decorating it and getting back into the whole independent living trying to remember to lock the doors at night and how to work the microwave etc.

My Room

I haven't completely got my room how I want it to look I'd like to add a armchair next to bed and a bigger rug on the floorspace but after 6 months I'll do an updated room tour this is just the basis of my stuff and a few decorations. 





On this shelf I've displayed my photo frame which was a going away gift last year from a friend with photos of friends, family and my beloved rabbit who passed away sadly. I put up a sarcastic sign that I got a couple years ago which I thought was funny (and true) with my house keys, vintage bell and Thai Lychee candle which smells amazing.


My desk has my make up bag, make up brushes, mirrors, laptop and printer with a notepad and pen, when I'm doing laptop work I tend to do that on my bed but for applying make up I always sit here on mornings and catch up on my favourite youtubers.



This is a stacked shelf (which I'm debating painting white) to the left is some printer paper and a clothes rail that I don't need as I have plenty of wardrobe space so one of my other housemates can have.


On the top I have placed my picnic bag from The Range which I'm using to store my make up that I don't use everyday keeping my essentials in my make up bag on my desk, on the first box I have a chanel bag displayed, embellished clutch and handmade record player bowl (my friend Grace made loads of these and gave them to her friends such an awesome idea). I have also this small white tin which I have displayed my 'Hello There Sailor' sunglasses from River Island and blue reflection sunglasses from & Other Stories I think these look nice but are also handy having them displayed so I can see which sunglasses go with my outfit of the day.


On this second box I have stacked some of my favourite books including The Great Gatsby, The Little Book of Chanel, Dear Scott Dearest Zelda and Shopping for Vintage I have placed my Lake Sunset Yankee Candle to hold them in place. I have also displayed all my nail polishes in this glass jar with industrial style writing that I bought from Matalan for £9 I also keep my most used nail polishes at the top I've been loving the Sally Hansen Diamond Top Coat and Essie's 'Urban Jungle'. I have my camera displayed along with another of those white tins that I picked up from Hobbycraft with my white cat eye sunglasses in them.



For the third box I displayed a cute rose water bottle that reminds me of a day out with my best friend in summer you can read about that here I also have my favourite scent at the minute Victorias Secret Coconut Passion and some ceramic coasters with lovely messages on them that my friends got my for going away to uni. I have displayed Chanel Fine Jewellery, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Collection of Audrey Hepburn DVD's and Fashion Fact Off game with a rose gold candle.


On this shelf I have my favourite flavoured water, Raspberry & Green Tea, three floral tins with cottons buds, bobbles, grips etc in and a game of Fashion Table Trivia.


This Prada box holds my jewellery in it as I don't ever really wear jewellery I only wear it for special occasions I don't need to have it hung up so this box handily fits it all in. 


On the last shelf I have my books and magazines displayed including a handy manual for all fashion students the Atlas of Fashion Designers and the perfect coffee table book Alexander McQueens Savage Beauty including issues of my favourite magazine Porter. I think getting fashion books for christmas are always my favourite present as they are always so handy for the career I'm choosing and inspirational to look through.




I got my bedding from Asda Home then some textured white pillows to decorate I also put up some fairy lights to make it more cosy and a fluffy white rug which feels like heaven on the feet!


These are my mirrored wardrobes




No comments:

Post a Comment