Sunday 21 September 2014

Imperfections

I've recently decided to switch up my make up routine and opt for a simpler, effortless look that revolves around celebrating your imperfections as I've become tired of the polished look that involved hiding all your little glitches to create a perfect base. I've found that finding your defects and basing your make up around them creates a much more interesting look as I was bored with presenting a polished face when a dishevelled one tells a better story.



I blended some tinted moisturiser on with a sponge, used my Benefit Brow Zings to fill in my brows as I like to have strong brows as they frame my face then blended a thin line of bronzed eye shadow towards my lashes and under my bottom lashes. I brushed some mascara on but next time I'm going to use less mascara so it will soften the face and focus more on blending a darker bronzed shadow around the eyes to add warmth.





You can see creased lines under the eyes from where an expression has cropped up, fall out from the eyeshadow under the eyes matches the speckles in my eyes and the kohl mascara coats the lashes adding a hardness to the otherwise gentle look.


For the lips I used a flat sided lip brush to apply a berry stained lip butter, brushing it on then blending with my fingers, smudging the outlines lightly then dabbing more in the centre to create that 'just kissed' effect I think this creates a more youthful approach to lipstick.




No comments:

Post a Comment