Friday 18 July 2014

Liebster Award


I have been nominated for a Liebster Award! Thanks to Danielle at www.polishedrose.blogspot.co.uk for the nomination, you should all go check her blog out!

The rules are:
1) You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2) You must answer 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
3) After completing these questions you must nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and give them 11 questions of your choice.
4) You can't nominate the person who nominated you.
5) You must let your nominees know that you have nominated them and provide a link to your post so they can learn about it.


1) Why did you start blogging?
I have wanted to do this for a while but it was only when I mentioned it to my friends about how I was thinking of starting a beauty/fashion blog and they all immediately encouraged me along with the question of 'I want to know how you do your make up?!' Their positive encouragement pushed me to do it and I have enjoyed it so much, I love planning new OOTD posts, creating make up tutorials and reviewing beauty products so thank you to all of you who read my blog I appreciate every single one of you! 

2) Is there a meaning or story behind your blog name?
Well I originally just started this as a reviewing blog if you've seen my very first posts so I thought 'Steph She Loves' but now I include fashion, beauty, food and lifestyle but I actually like my blog name, I'm sure like most people I just kept checking what name wasn't taken! 

3) What is your favourite high street shop and why?
My new favourite high street store is & Other Stories it was only when I moved to London in September last year that my friend showed me the store (the only one in the uk) and I fell in love with the style of clothes, layout of the store and I instantly felt relaxed when I walked in. The price range is a bit above Topshop but is definitely worth it as the pieces are made well to last and have a more interesting spin on design also their sales are really good! 

4) What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I love that I have my own clear space to put down anything I'm feeling, it's great to have this online diary that I can look back on and see what things I was loving in summer, what I was wearing and being able to look back on how to do a certain make up look. It's also great to show my friends from uni what I've been up to over summer!

5) 3 things you can't leave the house without?
My phone, purse and keys although I am notorious for losing my keys I honestly lose them nearly everyday, I think they like to play a game with me to try and get me in a frenzy before I leave the house! My purse has my bank card, ID, cards, money in everything so I never leave without it and my phone keeps me on track so I know what I'm doing, if i'm going to town to get things I always make a list on my phone otherwise I'll definitely forget something.

6) What are your go-to products for a pamper evening?
I love having pamper evenings especially if I've been at work all day the first thing is to remove all my make up and I love using a good scrub for my face and body I've been using Soap & Glorys Scrubatomic for my face and their Scrub of Your Life for my body. I use Soap & Glory's Foot Cream to pamper my feet and a nourishing body moisturiser to keep my skin soft then I hit Netflix for a night of relaxing.

7) Shoe person or bag person?
Shoe, without a doubt I would never carry a bag if I didn't have to I find bags such an annoyance I usually just end up trying to fit everything in my purse so I only have to take that (fashion bloggers are gasping in horror). Shoes on the other hand are my guilty pleasure if I'm feeling sad new shoes make up for that, great achievement let's celebrate with some new heels, I'm going on a day trip somewhere well I must simply buy some shoes to go with that new outfit it's only fair. (My bank balance hates me.)

8) Do you prefer lipstick or lipgloss?
Six months ago I would have said lipstick without a doubt but the past 5 months I have been loving wearing lipgloss (when it's not windy) I just feel that it's much lighter and allows me to try out bolder eyeshadow looks which I prefer then pair with a simple gloss. I'd definitely recommend Tanya Burr's lip glosses they have amazing colour payoff and are smooth and silky on the lips also Revlon have good glosses I love 'Kiss Me Coral' it's my go-to summer favourite.

9) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
I have been dreaming of living in Los Angeles for so long to me it's the ideal place, summer all year round beautiful beaches to go to, a chilled out lifestyle and lots of healthy food places. I always feel most like myself in summer, I feel calm, happy and free so to live in a place that would provide all that would be perfect. I may be the city girl now and I have to be for my line of work (fashion) but I suffer with anxiety and panic attacks and living in the city can sometimes get a bit too much.

10) Who are your favourite bloggers?
I love Niomi Smart's blog she really inspired me to want to start my own blog especially her outfit of the day posts, she has amazing style. I recently discovered Tasha Meline's Blog and love her beauty reviews I just keep adding more to my list of make up to buy because of her great reviews! I was so happy when I saw my friend Danielle of Polished Rose started her blog she has such a chic style that always looks effortless and on trend plus she always picks the best pieces out of Zara first.

11) What is your favourite item of clothing and why?
I love a white shirt especially as a fashion designer I love nothing more than reinventing a white shirt the possibilities are endless it almost becomes too exciting but I think a white shirt provides a clean slate to your wardrobe and adds a fresh new take perfect to bring into every season and timeless. A wardrobe is not complete until you have one (or ten).

My Nominations

My Questions to the Nominees are:
Why did you decide to start to blogging?
What is your dream designer piece? (Shoes, Bags, Clothes etc.)
What is your favourite season?
What is the one product you can't live without?
Choose between good hair day everyday or flawless make up?
If you could only pick one product to save from your make up bag what would it be?
Heels or flats?
What song has been in your head all week?
Tell me your dream holiday?
What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Your favourite place to shop?

Let me know if you complete the questions I'd love to read your answers!



3 comments:

  1. Aw what a lovely thing to say, thank you!

    Danielle xx
    www.polishedrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to finally try Soap & Glory products, everyone keeps raving about them, they always sound so lovely :)

    Paula
    My beauty and lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them they always have lovely scents, do the job and are pretty affordable! x

      Delete