Tuesday 1 July 2014

Natural Collection Haul

When I was in Boots a few weeks ago I was sampling concealers with my sister and we went over to the natural collection stand as it had a fairly big mirror so I could see what the concealer looked like against my skin but then we noticed the make up and and price. When I first started wearing make up at age 12 I used to go to Boots with my sister or school friends and we would buy make up from Natural Collection mainly because it was all under £1.99 and was simple to understand not like the intimidating Loreal or Maybelline counters! By the time I was 14 I had pretty much the full Natural Collection counter every nail polish, eye shadow, lip gloss but as I grew up I moved onto Max Factor, Benefit and MAC letting me completely forget about my make up collection when I was 14. My sister and I then visited 'Nostalgia Lane' as we looked back through the eyeshadows and nail polishes remembering the names of them and my first mascara the people in Boots must have thought we were slightly crazy. 

To me Natural Collection reminded me of when I first began experimenting with make up seven years ago (oh god I feel old) even my 'blue eyeshadow phase' and trying out lip glosses in every colour they had. I have never used make up as a cover up I started using make up because I have always enjoyed it and how it makes me feel when I wear it, I enjoyed wearing different colours it fed my creativity. When you're younger you have less restrictions you don't know that you probably shouldn't wear blue eyeshadow and liner you just get handed this palette of colours that you can experiment with and create all these different looks you wear blue eyeshadow because it's the colour of the sky and bright pink lips because its like your favourite ice lolly. 

Even now I do make up tutorials because I enjoy them it's like a form of dressing up I don't ever get put down on whether guys don't like my make up because it's not natural it's something that I enjoy I'm not doing this to impress others. This turned into a way more deep post than I intended but moral of the blog post is if you enjoy something don't let anyone else take it away from you.

Now onto the haul!




I bought the lipgloss in 'Barley' it just puts a sheer shimmer coat on your lips and doesn't last very long a bit of a duff purchase but I was sucked in by the rose gold colour. I picked up the blush in 'Peach Melba' which I believe is a colour dupe for MAC's 'Melba' blush I really love this peach/pink colour it's great for summer. I also picked up a couple of the eyeshadows in 'Butterscotch' the pale pink one and 'Barley' the gold shimmer I love this gold it has amazing pigmentation and really stands out on the eyes it creates a great beach look.


Above are the swatches as you can see for £1.99 they have really good pigmentation and colour payoff. 

Have you saw any make up favourites that you used to love?
Instagram @stephgreenwoodx

No comments:

Post a Comment