Sunday 6 July 2014

What's in my Festival Make Up Bag

Now for Part Two of my Festival Trilogy (Part One here) what I put in my festival make up bag, I think for festivals you don't want to be messing around with eye shadow palettes or perfecting your brows you just need to strip back to basics and pack whatever's the quickest and easiest to apply. If you're in your 20s or teens it will be socially acceptable to wear as much glitter and face paint to hide dark circles at festivals whereas if you're above 29 I'd recommend swapping glitter for a gold metallic eyeliner and a bronzer this Marc Jacobs liner is sophisticated yet fun. 


For nails you'll be wanting to paint them a colour that will hide any dirt that can get under your nails I'm going to use Revlon's Wintermint which has a scent of chocolate mint to it when dry and as it's a glitter it's really durable. 

Taking a sample size moisturiser will be much more beneficial than your everyday one as you can throw it out after the festival so it's less to take back with you, I'm using a Clarin's Hydra Matte Lotion sample. 


I'm going to pack an eye roll on to soothe my eyes on a morning especially when wearing face paint and glitter that could irritate my under eyes this will be a saviour to you when you've just woken up in your tent and are craving a clean shower. Packing some hair grips to keep your hair off your face will be helpful you could even jazz your hair up with headbands and flower crowns to distract away from your unwashed hair.


Lip balms will be your best beauty friend I wouldn't recommend wearing a strong coloured lip as it can dry your lips out and it's annoying when you have to reapply it try a tinted lip balm like Maybelline's Baby Lips in 'Cherry'. A tinted balm will moisten your lips while adding a soft colour to them Baby Lips is ideal as it's £2.99 so isn't too valuable incase you lose it. You can always take a clear balm too if you'd prefer above is Lip Smackers Coca Cola as it smells of cola bottle sweets and comes in a handy tin so you don't have to worry about it getting smashed. Some face paint is always good to take and join in on the fun by creating fun patterns on your face and joining in with the crowd I've got pink and blue paint.


I'm going to take a glitter stick which my friends bought me as a joke but I fully intend to wear it, this is a moisturising balm stick with glitter which you can swipe on your skin to leave a trail of glitter, as this is a balm it will hydrate your skin instead of drying it out.


For the base of my face I'm going to put some of my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser in a sample pot as it has SPF 20 this will provide a good coverage, moisture and protection against the sun. I can't go without a brow product but for easiness I'd recommend a tinted brow gel as it's compact, tints your brows and brushes them in shape I'm using Benefit's Gimme Brow. For concealer I'm taking my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer as it's a cheap product to replace and has amazing coverage and lasts all day I won't be taking any brushes I'm just blending this in with my fingers. I don't feel like myself unless I have eyeliner on so I'm taking my Loreal Perfect Slim Liner as I've used most of it so after the festival I can just replace it and it's my favourite liquid eyeliner. I'll probably take my Rimmel Kate Moss Mascara as it's nearly finished so I can just leave it after the festival, I would recommend just using up products for festivals don't take brand new ones or any expensive products in case you lose them.


Make up wipes are an essential after a long night partying you'll want to remove all the glitter and face paint from your face to start again the next day they're also handy to wash yourself down with. Not the most sanitary option but if you're only there a few days it shouldn't be too bad just take a long shower after! 

I'd pack some hand sanitiser to put in your bag and breath spray as after you've brushed your teeth you may want to keep your breath fresh through the day and a bobble or scrunchie is handy to keep with you incase it starts raining and you want to have your hair tied back and off your face.

What are you taking in your festival make up bag?

Instagram - @stephgreenwoodx
Twitter - @stephgreenwoodx


No comments:

Post a Comment